Faith Chapel History
In 1904 the Jekyll Island Club members built Faith Chapel as a non-denominational church to replace the small Union Chapel. Although it had a strong Episcopalian influence, it was open to members of all faiths. Since the Club required that their members attend church service every Sunday, they needed a suitably larger facility. Busy or otherwise unavailable members, however, could send servants in their stead. In addition to being part of the Jekyll Island National Historic Landmark, in 1971 the church joined the National Register of Historic Places.