This is how our rental agreement looks as of January 2018. When you make an inquiry and agree to book. We will send you a version in an email. Making it easier to fill out.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
8 Nelson Lane, Jekyll Island, GA 31527
This agreement made this th day of , 20 between
Phone ( ) Email Address: _
(hereinafter called the Tenants) and Mike and Lara Morgan (hereinafter called the Landlords) concerning the short term rental of the property located at 8 Nelson Lane, Jekyll Island, GA 31527.
Total people in renting party: ____ Adults: _____ Children: _____ Pets:_____
Rental period begins at 4 PM on __ and ends at 10 AM on ____
Base Rental Amount: $__ Taxes: $__ Pet Fee: $_ Cleaning Fee: __
Security Deposit: $_750.00__ Total Payment Due: $____
Deposit due with signed agreement: $__ (Initial deposit is refundable, until 60 days prior to check-in, when deposit becomes non-refundable. Balance due one month prior to commencement of the rental: $ ($ non-refundable + $750). The Balance includes a security deposit of $750, which will be refunded less any damage to the home.
Terms of the Agreement:
- The Tenant agrees that the number of guests at the rental will not exceed 20 and that the rental will not be used for any party, nor sublet in any manner. The Landlords have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement and waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period.
- There is a long distance block on the telephone – a calling card is needed for long distance toll calls. Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911.
- The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. Tenants are required to be in compliance with all Georgia laws, including but not limited to the ordinances promulgated by Jekyll Island Authority.
- The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins behind the house for pickup. A separate bin is provided for recyclables. The garbage is picked up early Monday morning. Please place all trash in the trash containers to avoid attracting animals.
- The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
- The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises with no reimbursement of rent.
- There shall be no smoking (including cigarettes, ecigarettes, cigars, vaping) inside the premises.
- The Tenants will not park RVs (Recreational Vehicles) on the property. A $50 / day charge will be imposed for violation of this rule.
- Maximum weight limit for bunk beds upper bed is 175 lbs.
- Landlords shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be provided by the Tenants. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenants arrive, the Tenants are free to use them at their own risk.
- Landlords shall use reasonable care in the maintenance of the premises for the safety and comfort of the Tenants. Tenants shall take reasonable care in their use of the premises to avoid any condition on the premises that may create a hazard to persons and property. Tenants acknowledge that any insurance for property damage or loss with the Landlords may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants.
- Taxes include a Jekyll Percentage Rent Fee. Remaining deposit is refundable up to 60 days prior to the rental. Afterwards, Landlords shall retain rental payments. Security deposit is fully refundable, less any damage to the home. . Breaking into an Owners closet, exceeding the occupancy of the house, and tampering with the security system are also examples of actions that will result in loss of the Security Deposit.
- We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages. Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Landlords. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions or due to work and family emergencies or other commitments. We do recommend vacationers consider travel insurance.
- Tenant acknowledges that the premises were built prior to 1978 and that construction materials may (or may not) have been used at that time that are no longer permitted by local or national code. Those Materials include, but are not limited to: lead-based paint, asbestos tile flooring and/or adhesive. The Landlords have not inspected the house for these materials and is unaware if any are present.
- Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- The property has smoke alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify Landlords if a smoke alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- The property has cameras installed outside the house to secure the entrances. In addition, Tenants shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
- The Landlords shall not be held liable for any items left behind by tenant.
- Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
- Tenants who pay a pet fee may bring two dogs onto the premise, as long as they have no history of biting, and are not of any of the following dog breeds: German Shepherd, Pit Bull Terrier, Doberman Pinscher, Rottweiler, Staffordshire Terrier, Chow, Bull Mastiff, Husky, Alaskan Malamute, Great Dane, St. Bernard, Akita, Rhodesian Ridgeback, or any wolf/dog hybrid.
Please fill out, sign, and either email (SandpiperVacation@gmail.com) or mail a copy of this Agreement to Landlords. One executed original will be sent back to you. Landlords address: Mike and Lara Morgan, 4220 River Bottom Dr., Peachtree Corners, GA 30092.
(We) agree to abide by the above conditions and hereby swear that the information provided above is true:
Tenant ____________________________ Date_____________
Tenant ____________________________ Date_____________
Landlord ____________________________ Date______________
JEKYLL ISLAND AUTHORITY PROPERTY LICENSE #2018-1004